Sumary of FDA authorizes device to relieve PTSD-related nightmares:
- America’s growing mental health issue Surviving a traumatic event has been known to cause wounds that require more than medical care..
- Experiencing an assault, accident or warfare has led to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for a growing number of people..
- Witnessing shocking or dangerous events can trigger PTSD, the FDA says, which can lead to sleep issues, among its other symptoms..
- (Photo courtesy of NightWare) “Today authorization offers a new, low-risk treatment option that uses digital technology in an effort to provide temporary relief from sleep disturbance related to nightmares,”.
- Carlos Peña, director of the Office of Neurological and Physical Medicine Devices in the FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health, said in a news release….