Sumary of Nigeria: Yellow Fever – Enugu Embarks On Mass Vaccination, Fumigation of Communities:
- The government is conducting vaccination and fumigation of Ette and Umuopu communities in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area where yellow fever killed scores of residents..
- The Enugu State Government on Wednesday embarked on vaccination and fumigation of Ette and Umuopu communities in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area where yellow fever killed scores of residents..
- Mr Obi said that the state government had begun active case surveillance to obtain necessary information on the epidemic for further decision making..
- He confirmed that the vaccination and fumigation was carried out by a medical team from the State Ministry of Health..
- “The team was led by the state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Obi and officers of the Enugu State Fire Service, led by the Chief Fire Officer, Mr Okwudiri Ohaa,”.
- Mr Obi added that the government had prepositioned General Hospital Ogrute in Enugu Ezike, and have commenced treatment with Ambulance Service for Emergency..
- The commissioner said that the state government had constituted a Multi-Sectoral Technical Working Group for the yellow fever epidemic..
- He noted that the state government had embarked on risk communication in the affected communities, and had formally notified the Federal Ministry of Health and the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)..
- Sign up for free AllAfrica Newsletters Also the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), and the National Arbovirus and Vectors Research Centre for a sustained response since yellow fever has also been reported in other states in Nigeria…