Sumary of Free preschool for Victorian families:
- Preschool services will be made free for Victorian families next year as part of a $251 million push to have help parents save money and encourage women to get back into the workforce..
- Premier Daniel Andrews announced the 2020-21 Victorian budget would deliver up to $169.6 million to make preschool free in 2021, saving families about $2000 for every child enrolled in a participating funded preschool program..
- Under this investment, subsidies would be offered to early childhood services providing funded preschool programs, meaning free preschool for four-year-olds and eligible three-year-olds..
- Mr Andrews also announced reduced fees for families with children attending unfunded three-year-old programs in sessional childcare centres..
- media_cameraEducation Minister James Merlino said the before and after school programs would mean more parents were able to enter the workforce..
- Grants of up to $75,000 will be made available to start new before and after school programs at about 400 Victorian government primary schools…