Sumary of Gambia: Minister Cole Urges Parents to Help Children Wear Mask:
- Following the general reopening of schools in the country on 28 October, the minister of Basic and Secondary Education has urged parents to help their children wear facemasks when going to school..
- Cole made this remark on Monday after her visit to Lower, Upper Basic and Senior Secondary schools within regions One and Two..
- The purpose of her visit was to see for herself how schools are faring since reopening and also to check on the schools’ observance of MoH and WHO regulations and protocols..
- Madam Cole reminded parents that it is the government’s duty to reopen the schools but it is equally the responsibility of parents to make sure their children wear facemasks when they are going to school..
- “In most of the schools I visited, there was strict observance of the Covid-19 measures and all the PPE are available to students and teachers..
- She expressed gratitude over the availability of thermal sanitisers and masks at the main entrance of all the schools visited, while she took turns to urge the school administrators to provide good school environment for students and teachers..
- During her interface with both teachers and students, she hailed the school administrators and teachers for reporting to duty at their various schools on time in order to serve the future leaders of this country…