Sumary of ‘Great day for humanity’: Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine over 90% effective:
- Pfizer and German partner BioNTech SE are the first drugmakers to release successful data from a large-scale clinical trial of a coronavirus vaccine..
- If Pfizer vaccine is authorized, the number of doses will initially be limited and many questions remain, including how long the vaccine will provide protection..
- BioNTech Chief Executive Ugur Sahin told Reuters he was optimistic the immunisation effect of the vaccine would last for a year although that was not certain yet..
- Shares of companies that have benefited from pandemic-related lockdowns dropped including conferencing platform Zoom Video Communications which was down 12% in premarket trading..
- Pfizer shares were indicated 14.2% higher in pre-market trading in New York, while BioNTech stock was up nearly 23% in Frankfurt..
- said Neil Wilson, chief market analyst at Markets.com Shares of other vaccine developers in the final stage of testing also rose with Johnson &…