Sumary of NAFLD screening falls short of guidelines for children with obesity:
- Most children with obesity who are at high risk for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease are not being screened, possibly leading to underdiagnosis of the condition, according to a speaker at ObesityWeek Interactive..
- Alyson Goodman, MD, MPH, medical epidemiologist in the division of nutrition, physical activity and obesity at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Healio..
- Goodman and colleagues created an algorithm to analyze 2017 data from the IQVIA Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record..
- Children aged 2 to 19 years with at least one recorded BMI were included in the study, with BMI calculated using same-day height and weight measurements..
- ALT results, NAFLD diagnostic codes and medication orders were collected for 1 year before and 1 year after the recorded BMI date in 2017….