Sumary of Study finds surprising diversity in early child care:
- A new study of kindergarteners in one Midwestern state identified seven different pathways the children took in their early education and care before arriving at school..
- “Looking at how children get to kindergarten could help us better consider what they need when they are entering school.”.
- The study is part of a larger federally funded project designed to improve understanding of what happens in classrooms from pre-school to third grade..
- Data was collected from two large, suburban school districts including 25 schools, 152 classrooms and 3,472 students..
- The second-largest group, 21%, were at home most of the early years, but were enrolled in a preschool or pre-kindergarten program in the last year before kindergarten….