Sumary of ‘A great day for science and humanity’; Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is found to be 90% effective:
- Nov 9 2020 Pfizer and BioNTech have today announced their new vaccine candidate (BNT162b2) is 90% effective against SARS-CoV-2..
- The first set of results from our Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial provides the initial evidence of our vaccine ability to prevent COVID-19,”.
- “We are reaching this critical milestone in our vaccine development program at a time when the world needs it most with infection rates setting new records, hospitals nearing over-capacity, and economies struggling to reopen..
- The DMC discovered a vaccine efficacy rate above 90% just 7 days after the second dose, meaning that protection is achieved 28 days after the initial vaccination..
- I want to thank the thousands of people who volunteered to participate in the clinical trial, our academic collaborators and investigators at the study sites, and our colleagues and collaborators around the world who are dedicating their time to this crucial endeavor..
- Related Stories “The first interim analysis of our global Phase 3 study provides evidence that a vaccine may effectively prevent COVID-19..
- We will continue to collect further data as the trial continues to enroll for a final analysis planned when a total of 164 confirmed COVID-19 cases have accrued..
- Overview of BNT162b2 trial On July 27, the phase 3 clinical trial began and has enlisted 43,538 participants so far with 38,955 of them receiving a second dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine by November 8, 2020…