Sumary of After Pfizer’s vaccine announcement, Russia says it own vaccine over 90 pct effective:
- The announcement came after US pharmaceutical company Pfizer and German biotechnology company BioNTech announced that their own experimental vaccine was more than 90 percent effective..
- Pfizer and BioNTech, are now is on track to apply later this month for emergency-use approval from the US Food and Drug Administration, once it has the necessary safety information in hand..
- We are proud to announce, along with @BioNTech_Group, that our mRNA-based #vaccine candidate has, at an interim analysis, demonstrated initial evidence of efficacy against #COVID19 in participants without prior evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection..
- “Pfizer and our collaborator, BioNTech, announced positive efficacy results from our Phase 3, late-stage study of our potential COVID-19 vaccine..
- The vaccine candidate was found to be more than 90 percent effective in preventing COVID-19 in participants without evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection in the first interim efficacy analysis.”.
- “The results demonstrate that our mRNA-based vaccine can help prevent COVID-19 in the majority of people who receive it..
- However, Bourla said that the company couldn’t apply for FDA Emergency Use Authorization based on these efficacy results alone…