Sumary of Australian politics live: Christian Porter threatens legal action over ‘defamatory claims’:
- Pic.twitter.com/xo2vys5MzV November 9, 2020 I congratulate Ms Natasha Stott Despoja AO on her election to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women..
- Ms Stott Despoja is the first Australian to serve on the Committee in almost thirty years, following the membership of the Hon Elizabeth Evatt AC..
- Ms Stott Despoja candidacy was supported by the Australian Government following an open, merit-based selection process..
- Stranded Australians’ hopes of returning by Christmas fading as numbers swell It Tuesday, which means it is party room and caucus day, and both major parties are set for some uncomfortable moments..
- Labor left MPs have lined up to blast the outspoken frontbencher Joel Fitzgibbon in a fiery meeting of the left caucus over the shadow resources minister constantly freelancing on policy..
- Guardian Australia understands that about 15 MPs spoke during the discussion, which was triggered by a briefing from the shadow climate change minister, Mark Butler, about the party position on gas..
- Butler briefing kicked off rolling frustration and anger from MPs about Fitzgibbon constant public campaigning since the election defeat in 2019 for Labor to lower its ambition on climate policy – a backlash that seems set to continue into Labor regular caucus meeting on Tuesday..
- Labor left blasts Joel Fitzgibbon for publicly undermining party policy Rex Patrick (@Senator_Patrick) I’m not supporting the JobMaker bill because all the ‘laws’ are contained in rules made by faceless officials….