Sumary of Canada reviewing NBA plan for Raptors to play in Toronto amid coronavirus: minister:
- The Canadian government is reviewing a proposal from the NBA and the Raptors to play in Toronto amid the coronavirus pandemic..
- A spokesman for Health Minister Patty Hajdu said Tuesday officials have been in contact with the Raptors and will continue to engage with them “in the coming weeks.”.
- The Raptors and the NBA need an exemption to a requirement that anyone entering Canada for nonessential reasons must self-isolate for 14 days..
- The federal government denied the Blue Jays’ request to play in Toronto earlier this year because health officials didn’t think it was safe for players to travel back and forth from the United States, one of the countries hit hardest by the coronavirus pandemic..
- We are reviewing a proposal from the NBA and the Toronto Raptors for the resumption of NBA basketball in Canada.”.
- 7:44 Toronto Raptors coach Nick Nurse on his new memoir ‘Rapture’ Toronto Raptors coach Nick Nurse on his new memoir ‘Rapture’ The NBA season is set to open Dec..
- “We are working on, as everyone knows, a kind of parallel path here which is we want to stay in Toronto but as we all know time is of the essence and we are also working on a path to play elsewhere,”…