Sumary of Cooler temperatures in U.S. may increase COVID-19 cases: New modeling study:
- How temperature affects the spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has been a question asked since the pandemic’s early days..
- Models that incorporate weather data like humidity, temperature, pollution, and others do not generally have the statistical power to define how they affect the response accurately..
- Further adding the weather variables that could have influenced the event could add to the already present biological variations..
- The researchers from the University of California, San Diego, software company Laserfiche, James Hardie Building Products, and Wake Forest University obtained weather data from airports with the most commercial traffic in each state..
- Related Stories It has been suggested that states like Hawaii that are geographically isolated and have small populations might have reduced COVID-19 deaths with warmer weather….