Sumary of Coronavirus: believing in conspiracies goes hand in hand with vaccine hesitancy:
- And in a recently published international study, only 71% of British people said they would get vaccinated against the disease..
- A key factor we found to be associated with vaccine hesitancy was whether a person believed in the conspiracy theory that the coronavirus was artificially created..
- EPA-EFE This reinforces previously found associations between holding a conspiratorial worldview and being vaccine hesitant..
- Other recent studies have also found an association between believing COVID-19 conspiracies and being reluctant to take a COVID-19 vaccine..
- The conspiracy about the virus artificial origins in particular was among those identified in one international study looking into this..
- Our survey also found that several other behavioural and demographic factors were associated with vaccine acceptance….