Sumary of Coronavirus: Fleming College estimates revenue losses due to pandemic ‘in the millions’:
- Fleming College, which has campuses in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg, has been dealing with declining enrolment and revenue due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic..
- College president Maureen Adamson tells Global News Peterborough that enrolment is down about 30 per cent for the fall semester..
- “In any given day, the Sutherland Campus (in Peterborough), there as many as 600 students and at Frost Campus (in Lindsay) there 300 students,”.
- 2:21 Peterborough sports organizations on board with proposed sites for new arenas Peterborough sports organizations on board with proposed sites for new arenas Adamson said the college is now working on its 12- to 24-month COVID-19 recovery plan and is hopeful to offer about 80 per cent of courses for the winter semester with an eventual return to full capacity next fall..
- She also said Ontario colleges have pitched the government for help with revenue losses and is ‘hopeful for a favourable result’ soon…