Sumary of COVID-19: What you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic on 9 November:
- This daily round-up brings you a selection of the latest news and updates on the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, as well as tips and tools to help you stay informed and protected..
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 have now passed 50 million globally, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center..
- The COVID Response Alliance for Social Entrepreneurship is hosted by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, with the support of Yunus Social Business and GHR Foundation and integrates the perspectives of social entrepreneurs through a strategic partnership with Catalyst 2030..
- Make the voices of social entrepreneurs and their communities heard Prepare to respond, recover and reset – taking the opportunity to “shape a new tomorrow”.
- Collaborate across sectors in recognition of the complexity and scale of the crisis Look beyond healthcare, given that COVID-19 touches all areas of people lives Support the shovel-ready solutions that grassroots organizations are already able to provide today The Alliance has released a COVID Social Enterprise Action Agenda, outlining 25 concrete recommendations for key stakeholder groups to support social entrepreneurs during COVID-19..
- Intermediaries and networks to surface the needs of the social entrepreneurs they serve on the ground and provide them with fitting support2..
- Corporations to stand with the social entrepreneurs in their supply chains and ecosystems, and join forces with them to “shape a new tomorrow”.
- Funders and philanthropists to expand and expedite their financial support to social entrepreneurs and intermediaries, taking risks reflective of today unprecedented times 5…