Sumary of Decreasing humidity in the winter is likely to lead to more COVID-19 cases:
- The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic continues to ravage across the globe a month before the winter season kickstarts..
- Health experts fear that the cold climate may cause skyrocketing cases of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) – the causative pathogen of COVID-19..
- The study So far, the coronavirus pandemic has infected over 50 million people worldwide and claimed the lives of at least 1.25 million..
- Past studies have shown that falling humidity is tied to increased transmission rates of other respiratory diseases, such as influenza..
- The current study, which appeared on the pre-print server medRxiv* in November 2020, highlights the role of humidity and climate in the spread of SARS-CoV-2….