Sumary of Durham Region welcomes Movember as COVID-19 pandemic changes conversation on men’s health:
- The campaign started in Australia to raise awareness and money for prostate cancer and men health, but those taking part this year are finding it more important than ever to have these sometimes uncomfortable discussions..
- Adrian Award has been a firefighter in Whitby, Ont., for four years and every November, he and most of his crew grow mustaches..
- While taking part in Movember tends to bring the guys closer, Award says during the pandemic, the mustaches are conversation starters for men mental health..
- Last year, around $20 million was raised for prostate and testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention..
- Instead, it about “challenging yourself to (try) something new and making sure that you’re generating conversations about men health all along the way,”…