Sumary of First Confirmed Case Of Puffer Fish Poisoning In India, Everything You Need To Know:
- More than 120 species of puffer fish are found worldwide mostly in tropical and subtropical ocean waters, while some live in fresh and brackish water also.
- Another study says that TTX blocks sodium channels that may cause heart failure and death in many cases.
- The TTX works as analgesia as it blocks the sodium channels and thus, decreases the nerve impulse and excitations of the nervous system, especially at the injury sites and eases pain.
- Stages, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention Symptoms Of Puffer Fish Poisoning A study says that whenever a person experiences food poisoning along with certain neurological signs, their history of seafood or fish consumption is evaluated first.
- Personal importation of puffer fish in many countries is strictly prohibited due to the health hazard related to it.
- Eta Variant Of COVID-19 Found In Karnataka: All You Need To Know Treatment Of Puffer Fish Poisoning To date, there is no effective antidote for tetrodotoxin poisoning by puffer fish.
- Therefore, the person needs to be immediately rushed to the hospital for possible treatment of the symptoms.