Sumary of From lockdowns to Dr. Fauci: Here’s how President-elect Joe Biden plans to fight the coronavirus pandemic:
- Can expect increased Covid-19 testing, a national mask policy and the possibility of nationwide lockdowns once President-elect Joe Biden takes office Jan..
- The Biden-Harris campaign laid out a step-by-step plan for addressing the coronavirus pandemic that includes more testing, increasing use of the Defense Production Act to make protective equipment for frontline workers and restoring the U.S..
- As it currently stands, Covid-19 outbreaks are worsening in communities across the country as cases reach record-high levels of more than 100,000 cases a day and scientists warn Americans to prepare for a difficult winter..
- Trump, who spent three days in the hospital with Covid-19 last month, has also ramped up accusations in recent weeks that Biden would shut down the economy if he wins the election..
- Biden has repeatedly said he would listen to scientists like Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases..
- “I would be prepared to do whatever it takes to save lives, because we cannot get the country moving until we control the virus,”.
- And if that doesn’t work, Biden said he would turn to city mayors and county executives to institute local mandates..
- Biden would also direct the CDC to provide communities with evidence-based guidance on when to close some business or schools depending on the degree of viral spread, according to the campaign’s Covid plan..
- from the inauguration, said Zeke Emanuel, a bioethicist and oncologist who’s advising Biden on health-care issues..
- What may be a better course of action, he suggests, is for Biden to rally the states to get local political leaders to set an example….