Sumary of Hamilton announces diverse cast ahead of Sydney premiere next year:
- One of the most anticipated musicals to come to Australia in the past five years has announced a diverse cast that represents backgrounds from around the world..
- Jason Arrow will play the lead role of Alexander Hamilton Director Thomas Kail says the level of talent in the Sydney production rivals Broadway and the West End Hamilton has won Tony, Grammy and Olivier Awards as well as the Puliutzer Prize for Drama Hamilton will premiere in Sydney next March with a 35-person cast that includes three performers of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds..
- Other backgrounds represented in the cast include Samoan, Maori, Filipino, Jamaican, South African, Nigerian, Egyptian, Japanese and Italian..
- The musical tells the story of the formation of the United States, as well as the life of Alexander Hamilton, one of the founding fathers of the US..
- Jason Arrow will lead a 35-person cast in the Australian production of Hamilton.(Supplied) Hamilton’s writer and composer, Lin-Manuel Miranda, was heavily involved in the cast selection for the Australian show, which he said was a bright light in the industry during the pandemic….