Sumary of Kenya: Thousands Arrested for Flouting Covid-19 Rules:
- Additionally, 130 bars have been closed countrywide after they were found operating past 9pm, while more than 103 public service vehicles were detained at various police stations..
- In Nairobi County alone, 373 people were arrested for general contravention, 149 for not wearing face masks while 33 bars were closed on Friday night..
- The number increased on Saturday night, with195 people getting arrested, 21 bars closed and 10 public service vehicles detained across the county..
- In Mombasa County, Coast Regional Coordinator John Elungata said at least 10 bars have been closed and 300 people arrested since Friday for contravening curfew orders..
- In Nakuru town, more than 300 people were arrested for flouting the rules, according to Nakuru Town East Sub-county police commander Elena Kabukuru..
- In Kakamega town, Central Police Commander David Kabena said police and county enforcement officials arrested 100 people..
- Meru County Police Commander John Mwinzi admitted that despite the arrest of 100 in the county, there is still a high number of people flouting the rules..
- Mr Mwinzi said many bars in the region are operating way after 9pm, noting that security stakeholders will meet today to plan how to effectively deal with the offenders…