Sumary of Mask Mandate Hits Utah As Governor Declares State Of Emergency Over ‘Alarming’ Covid-19 Surge:
- Utah governor Gary Herbert declared a state of emergency Sunday night to relieve pressure on overcrowded hospitals and save lives, instituting a state-wide mask mandate “for the foreseeable future,”.
- limiting social gatherings to people in the same household, pausing school extracurricular activities and requiring some college students to be tested for Covid-19 weekly..
- with hospitals struggling to cope — since the pandemic began, there have been over 130,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases in Utah with 659 deaths..
- In justifying the statewide mask mandate, which will remain in place until further notice, Herbert said that experts “overwhelmingly”.
- is swiftly approaching 10 million Covid-19 cases, despite repeated assertions from outgoing president Donald Trump that the U.S….