Sumary of Ottawa won’t support Canadian airlines unless they issue refunds to passengers: Garneau:
- Court denies request to dismiss case involving flight refunds, Canadian Transportation Agency Canada commercial airlines have been hit hard by COVID-19, with passenger levels down as much as 90 per cent thanks to a combination of travel restrictions and fear of catching the illness..
- The Canadian Transportation Agency received 8,000 complaints between mid-March and the end of August, most of which are believed to be related to refunds..
- 3:01 Canadian government says conversations ongoing with airlines, exploring ‘all options’ Canadian government says conversations ongoing with airlines, exploring ‘all options’ – Oct 22, 2020 Passengers have also filed a handful of proposed class-action lawsuits and three petitions garnering more than 100,000 signatures that call for customer reimbursement..
- “We are ready to establish a process with major airlines regarding financial assistance which could include loans and potentially other support to secure important results for Canadians,”.
- bans all social gatherings, indoor group physical activities in Lower Mainland amid surging COVID cases “Before we spend one penny of taxpayer money on airlines, we will ensure Canadians get their refunds,”.
- 2:46 WestJet to refund some passengers whose flights were cancelled due to COVID-19 WestJet to refund some passengers whose flights were cancelled due to COVID-19 – Oct 22, 2020 It was not immediately clear whether that would include pushing Air Canada and others to resume dozens of routes that are currently suspended..
- The tough words around refunds were cautiously welcomed Sunday as a good first step by Canadian Automobile Association vice-president Ian Jack, whose organization is one of the largest retailers of vacations and leisure travel in Canada….