Sumary of Owners of Dorval’s Herron long-term care residence cease operations, residents to be relocated:
- Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé confirmed Monday that CHSLD Herron, a private long-term care residence where dozens of residents died in a three-week span during the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic, is shutting down..
- The Health Ministry has tasked the West Island regional health agency, known as the CIUSSS de l’Ouest-de l’Île-de Montreal, with relocating residents to new facilities on its territory..
- 2:10 CHSLD Fallout continues as Herron is suspended from association Previous Video Next Video In the interim, the health agency will take on the full management of the Herron and will continue to provide care and services to its residents..
- The CIUSSS says it hasn’t forgotten about staff at the residence and is organizing a major recruitment blitz starting Tuesday..
- The private facility was placed under government trusteeship after regional health authorities in late March found only three employees on site to care for 133 residents, some of whom were sitting in overflowing diapers and suffering from dehydration….