Sumary of Pfizer announces Covid vaccine success, says 90 pc effective:
- Pfizer and BioNTech on Monday announced that their COVID 19 vaccine candidate achieved success in the first interim analysis from phase 3 trials showing 90 per cent effectiveness in preventing the disease among the non-infected..
- “Our vaccine candidate was found to be more than 90 pc effective in preventing COVID-19 in participants without evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection in the first interim efficacy analysis,”.
- The first set of results from our Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial provides the initial evidence of our vaccine ability to prevent COVID-19,”.
- “We are reaching this critical milestone in our vaccine development program at a time when the world needs it most with infection rates setting new records, hospitals nearing over-capacity and economies struggling to reopen..
- The case split between vaccinated individuals and those who received the placebo indicates a vaccine efficacy rate above 90 pc, at 7 days after the second dose..
- This means that protection is achieved 28 days after the initiation of the vaccination, which consists of a 2-dose schedule..
- “The first interim analysis of our global Phase 3 study provides evidence that a vaccine may effectively prevent COVID-19…