Sumary of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine may be 90% effective, early data suggests:
- Pfizer says an early peek at its vaccine data suggests the shots may be 90% effective at preventing COVID-19, indicating the company is on track later this month to file an emergency use application with U.S..
- This interim analysis, from an independent data monitoring board, looked at 94 infections recorded so far in a study that has enrolled nearly 44,000 people in the U.S..
- did not provide any more details about those cases, and cautioned the initial protection rate might change by the time the study ends..
- But a week after their second required dose, Pfizer study began counting the number who developed COVID-19 symptoms and were confirmed to have the coronavirus..
- bans all social gatherings, indoor group physical activities in Lower Mainland amid surging COVID cases Because the study hasn’t ended, Gruber couldn’t say how many in each group had infections..
- Nor could he provide a breakdown of how many of the infections had occurred in older people, who are at highest risk from COVID-19….