Sumary of Sydney CBD to be locked down on NYE with shortened fireworks display:
- Entry to Sydney’s CBD this New Year’s Eve is dependent upon a booking or a ticket However, some designated public space will be reserved for frontline workers It comes as NSW recorded no local COVID-19 cases for the second day in a row NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian warned revellers they would need a booking at a hospitality venue to gain access to the city on December 31..
- Health authorities in NSW confirmed there were no locally acquired coronavirus infections found in the 24 hours to 8:00pm yesterday..
- Ms Berejiklian cautioned that without a prior booking at a pub, restaurant or bar, revellers should not enter Sydney’s CBD on New Year’s Eve..
- Ms Berejiklian also revealed the 9:00pm family friendly fireworks had been cancelled, and that the midnight display would last only “a couple of minutes”..
- Stay up-to-date on the coronavirus outbreak NSW Health’s Jeremy McAnulty listed more than a dozen suburbs in the Rouse Hill area who should pay close attention to their health and seek testing if any symptoms occur…