Sumary of Telemedicine reduces cancellations, no-shows in rheumatology clinics:
- Health care system demonstrated that telehealth improved no-show rates and cancellations for rheumatology outpatient appointments..
- Based on its findings, the system rheumatology division will aim for 40% of follow-up visits to be conducted via telemedicine..
- Reem Alkilany, MD, a rheumatology fellow at MetroHealth and one of the study co-authors, told Healio Rheumatology..
- “Our institution, The MetroHealth System, offered telemedicine visits by video or telephone within 1 week of the State of Ohio issuing a statewide order limiting gatherings in March 2020 aiming to offer access to health care while avoiding in-person, face-to-face visits.”.
- Only in-person visits were conducted in the first 10-week period, while both in-person and telehealth visits were conducted in the second period….