Sumary of ResMed launches new sleep education campaign:
- Nov 9 2020 ResMed, a global leader in digital health and connected sleep and respiratory care devices, today announced the launch of a new sleep education campaign, #WakeUpToGoodSleep..
- Conceptualized to underscore the importance of sleep quality for overall well being, the campaign aims to highlight the growing and largely unidentified sleep disorders in India and the treatment options available..
- Left untreated, sleeping disorders have detrimental consequences on our mental and physical well-being including heart attacks, diabetes, depression, amongst others, making it imperative to raise awareness on sleeping disorders..
- The campaign aims to raise awareness amongst consumers and doctors about the health benefits and importance of good sleep..
- As part of the campaign, ResMed launched a short educational film that showcases sleep apnea, a relatively unknown sleep disorder, and its effects such as fatigue, mental stress, irritability, and even traffic accidents, to reiterate the importance of a good night sleep..
- To ensure patients can enjoy a good night sleep, ResMed has also introduced a sleep coach assistant service, consisting of a team of coaches who remotely guide patients through every step of their journey to better sleep..
- Services include sleep apnea detection via a home sleep test, helping patients diagnosed with sleep apnea understand the treatment options available such as a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), and even guiding patients through hassle-free installation of devices and providing the best possible offers on devices, including EMI schemes for devices..
- The level of discourse on sleep awareness continues to remain low in a geographically expansive country like India, with only a handful of sleep labs for a population of over 1.3 billion..
- Through this awareness campaign, ResMed, a pioneer in sleep apnea therapy, aims to spread awareness amongst Indians, including the medical community with a simple thought – ‘Kyuki neend achi toh din acha’, underlining how disordered sleeping impacts our overall well-being.”.
- To also drive sleep awareness and education amongst the medical fraternity, ResMed has been conducting web-education series in association with some of the most prominent sleep experts in the country including Dr. Manvir Bhatia and her sleep society – ASSM Ace School of Sleep Science and Dr…