Sumary of Lower Mainland rec centres suspend group physical activities amid new COVID-19 order:
- Community centres and recreational facilities across the Lower Mainland have begun suspending group physical activities, in the wake of a new public health order meant to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the region..
- British Columbia has seen an alarming spike in new cases of the virus in recent weeks, with the majority in the Fraser Health region and to a lesser extent, the Vancouver Coastal Health region..
- ‘Social gathering,’ ‘household’ clarified under new Lower Mainland COVID-19 order Over the weekend cities including, Surrey, Vancouver, Burnaby, Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam sent out bulletins advising that group activities had been paused..
- Spin classes Yoga classes Group fitness Dance classes Any other indoor group physical activity that increases the respiratory rate 4:26 What the new regional health orders will look like in Port Coquitlam What the new regional health orders will look like in Port Coquitlam B.C..
- bans all social gatherings, indoor group physical activities in Lower Mainland amid surging COVID cases City facilities have also suspended team play of sports where physical distancing can not be maintained, such as hockey, basketball, pickleball and volleyball, among others….