Sumary of Toddler hospitalized for a month with a cold sent home with medical devices:
- Her daily routine now includes getting hooked up to a number of devices, including a mucus suction gagdet that goes in her nose, mouth and throat, a device to help her breathe at night-time, a device that monitors her blood oxygen and a cough assist gagdet.
- Ottawa Morning12:32Respiratory equipment lending program helps toddler recover at home.
- While the vast majority of children with respiratory viruses get discharged without needing to bring home specialized equipment, Griffith is grateful her daughter has the support she needs to supervise her symptoms.
- One study by the pool estimates cough assist machines alone can shorten a patients hospital stay by one to two days and govern to fewer doctor visits.
- While she still suffers from congestion and coughing, she can now supervise the symptoms at home with help from her parents and a full complement of free medical devices that now surround her tiny white crib.